Saksham Yuva is a unique initiative by the Indian government aimed at empowering the country’s youth by providing them with skill development training and employment opportunities. This program is designed to help young people from low-income families overcome the challenges they face in accessing education and employment. In this article, we will discuss the history, eligibility criteria, benefits, application process, impact, and challenges of Saksham Yuva.
History of Saksham Yuva
The Saksham Yuva program was launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in 2018. It aims to provide training and employment opportunities to young people aged between 15 and 35 years who belong to low-income families. The program is implemented by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and the National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
The main objectives of the program are to:
- Provide skill development training to young people from economically weaker sections.
- Create employment opportunities for them in various sectors.
- Enhance their productivity and employability by improving their skills.
Eligibility Criteria for Saksham Yuva
To be eligible for the Saksham Yuva program, a candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- Age limit: The candidate must be between 15 and 35 years of age.
- Educational qualification: The candidate must have passed at least the 10th standard.
- Income criteria: The candidate’s family income must be less than Rs. 3 lakh per annum.
Benefits of Saksham Yuva
The Saksham Yuva program provides a range of benefits to its participants, which include:
- Skill development training: The program offers training in various sectors such as agriculture, healthcare, construction, retail, and tourism, among others.
- Employment opportunities: The candidates who complete the training successfully are provided with job placements in various industries.
- Financial assistance: The program provides a stipend to the candidates during the training period to support their expenses.
Application Process for Saksham Yuva
The application process for Saksham Yuva is as follows:
- Online application: The candidate has to visit the official website of the program and fill in the application form.
- Required documents
The following documents are required to be uploaded along with the application form: – Age proof (Birth certificate or Aadhaar card) – Educational qualification certificates – Income certificate – Bank account details
Impact of Saksham Yuva
The Saksham Yuva program has had a significant impact on the lives of thousands of young people in India. The program has helped many candidates acquire new skills, which has led to better job opportunities and higher incomes. In addition, the program has also contributed to the development of various sectors of the Indian economy.
The success stories of Saksham Yuva participants are inspiring. Many candidates who were struggling to find employment before joining the program have been able to secure jobs in various sectors. The training provided under the program has helped them acquire new skills, which has improved their employability.
Challenges Faced by Saksham Yuva
The Saksham Yuva program has faced some challenges in its implementation. One of the main challenges is limited outreach. The program is still not well-known in many parts of the country, which has resulted in a low number of applications.
Another challenge faced by the program is the need for better coordination between departments. The program involves multiple departments, and there is a need for better coordination among them to ensure the smooth implementation of the program.
In conclusion, the Saksham Yuva program is a much-needed initiative that is helping to empower India’s youth. The program provides skill development training, employment opportunities, and financial assistance to young people from low-income families. While the program has faced some challenges in its implementation, it has had a significant impact on the lives of many young people in the country.
- Who is eligible for Saksham Yuva?
- Young people between the ages of 15 and 35 from low-income families who have passed at least the 10th standard are eligible for the program.
- How do I apply for Saksham Yuva?
- You can apply for Saksham Yuva by visiting the official website of the program and filling in the application form.
- What kind of training is provided under Saksham Yuva?
- The program provides training in various sectors such as agriculture, healthcare, construction, retail, and tourism, among others.
- Can I apply for financial assistance under Saksham Yuva?
- Yes, the program provides a stipend to the candidates during the training period to support their expenses.
- What is the success rate of Saksham Yuva participants?
- The success rate of Saksham Yuva participants is quite high. Many candidates who have completed the training successfully have been able to secure jobs in various sectors.